What the Fan Does
The main job of a computer or electronics fan is to keep the part cool. Chips inside them can get very hot so air flow keeps them at a regular temperature. Sadly, stock fans within electronics sometimes aren’t enough. Especially if there are several components working together, perhaps in an office or entertainment center.
That’s why a good fan and fan filter are a great addition to any setup. Learn more about the various types of fans below.
Common Types of Fans:
• Power Supply – Most power supply units or PSU’s are provided with a 90mm or 120mm fan filter and internal fan.However, some suggest that they have two fans, one for intake and one for out-take. It is very crucial to keep all elements cool to lengthen the life of the equipment. Avoid melting and even exploding components from overheating by providing this type of cooling. The absence of a fan can greatly reduce its life span. Why take a chance?
• Central Processing Unit – Having a smoothly operating fan in this unit is a critical step to have a computer or other device that performs well. Newer CPUs will have an internal temperature between 35 and 74 degrees Celsius, which is why a constant airflow from a fan and 120mm fan filter is necessary. The heat will continue to move off of the heat sink as required.
One can bet that if the CPU gets over 80 degrees Celsius it will fail in some way. A damaged motherboard means it’s time to buy a new unit in most cases.
• Graphic Processing Unit – This type of fan is almost always found on high end video cards. It’s similar to the CPU fan in most ways, and helps keep games working smoothly with minimal issues.
• Chipset – Chipsets in the motherboard come with both built in fans and 120mm fan filters and passive heat set ups. Many prefer passive heat but even these tiny fans work hard to keep things cool and cooperative. All elements, big or small need to stay operative and cool.
• Case Fans – Also known as chassis fans, not every system or setup needs a case fan, or comes with one. No one should ever rely on the system to cool itself, it’s ineffective. Case fans come in many sizes as mentioned before; the most popular size is the fan and 120mm fan filter. Check the least in and outtake to see a huge difference in the effectiveness of any setup. Keeping the room temperature less than that inside the computer or part makes a huge difference.
Doing research is the best way to decide the final set up for what components are owned. There are many other fans that are wonderful supplements, and that can be installed. These include hard drive, PCI slot, and CD style. These types are great for helping CPU’s and video cards run at maximum efficiency.
These fans are almost always considered more of an option, while the above-mentioned fans are more mandatory. However, rest assured they do make a difference. Individuals can find fans and 120 mm fan filters from local and online sources.
As the industry’s largest manufacturer of electric fan accessories it is Gard Tec’s goal to improve cooling products. Its sister company which was established in the late 80’s and is the only online manufacturer of wire fan guards, filters and cords. Value is guaranteed in all products from the company which offers its stellar products online, worldwide. Invest in both plastic and metal fan guards, cords and over 4 million accessories are offered for both personal and OEM use at incredible prices. New products are always being developed in an effort to be more green and safe. Companies and smart consumers turn to Gard Tec for the most dependable fan accessories available.